Two Pea's in a Pod

Friends and Family Gather Here...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Frisco, Texas, United States

Saturday, June 23, 2007

We're no longer homeless!!!!

Yes we have finally found a new home!! We can't wait it will take 8 months to be built but the long wait will be worth it. We were able to pick every single thing we wanted in the home.

For those of you have not heard our first home was a no go. We found out Mid December that they would have to do a major design change to our home to accommodate the new city code requirements for the two air conditioning units that they had to upgrade to fit in the attic. Those changes would require them to lower the vaulted ceilings from 14 feet to 9. This drastically would change the appearance of the entire upstairs so we decided not to go through with it, as did the other 2 people who were building the same floor plan in that neighborhood. So neat less to say they now have 3 homes for sale with no buyers, and we were out to find a new home.

I always say thing happen for a reason, because I love this home 20 times better, and not to mention it is allot nicer neighborhood as we had been in the area for 6 months so we were able to take our time and really scope every possibility out and believe me we did. I think we have been to through almost every neighborhood, and model/ spec homes here in Frisco, and even some in Plano.

I am so happy to be able to stay in our same ward. I just love our ward, and we have already developed so many close friendships it would be hard to change wards again.

I loved going to the design center I had a ball. They design consultant laughed as I brought fabric samples and magazine clippings with me. So here is a little sneak peak at some of my picks!! And Yes I got my hand scrapped hardwood floors in my whole downs stairs I am so excited!!


I just had to have this door I love it, and the light shines through it so beautifully at night!! And yes I love my flowers so I had to have shutters and a little flower box added to the outside.


I will have a new full time job starting upon move in and that is cleaning this baby!! So we will have lots of room for guests!! As you know it’s just us two peas’s in a pod out here in Texas!!

So the Top questions everyone asks are?
• How long till its done? About 8 months.
• What colors did you choose? The pictures are a little sneak peak, but for the BIG reveal you have to come visit!!
• How big is it? 5 bedrooms, 4 full baths, 3 garages, a study, media room, game room, and a tech center. (About 5,000 sq feet) I know just the 2 of you!, and NO I am not getting a dog, no animals in the house.
• Did you get a sewing room? Yes and it has a window seat!!
• What is you favorite room? Oh I don't no I love my kitchen and double ovens, my big utility room with cabinets and sink, and I have a huge pantry, I am so excited I will be able to see all my cans, and will have tons of room for food storage!! Oh and I almost forgot my closet!!!

I know I have not posted in a while and everyone’s next question is how are you feeling? The reason I saved this till last is you don't even want to go there!! My health is Crazy; I try not thinking about it. But here I go after 2 surgeries and 5 weeks post operation I started to have allot of pain in my stomach and it had a spot swell the size of a goose egg, neat less to say after being put back in the hospital, and being opened up with a mini in house operation they discovered it that the internal operation site was infected so I am now waiting for that to heal. And in the August time frame most likely will have to go in for another surgery to fix a problem that came up after the second surgery so lets just say I am on Baylor Dallas’s most preferred customer list!! Ha, Ha!! So my new song of the month is "Ain't nothing going to get me down oh know you got to keep on movin"!!

As for other that Dr.s visits what have we been up to? Wade has been traveling allot for work, He has been to Wichita falls, Hawaii, and North Carolina within the last month and a half, so he has been one traveling man. He was able to check out a few sites, and visit his Grandmother, aunt, and cousins in North Carolina where his family is originally from, that is why he is a die-hard Tar heels fan!!

I was so lucky to have my mom come stay with me two different weeks while Wade was out of town and I loved every minute, except when she had to go home, this is always the hard part as I miss her so much when she leaves, I really miss the rest of
My family that I have not seen in over a year as with the move and my health. I have also found a new Love!! Tailoring (sewing clothing!) I am hooked I have already made two skirts, and a shirt to match, and did some taking in of some other clothing now I am addicted.

Well I think in this one single post I tried to catch you all up on what we are up to, I know I need to post more often but sometimes life gets so crazy and I get so tired so early these days its not even funny. But in closing we love you all so very much and miss all our friends and family and cherish all the moments and memories we share. So remember each day is an opportunity to make a new happy ending so Dance to the song of life!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

congrats on such a beautiful house! You really should have your own decorating show. You are so talented! We miss you guys!

10:24 PM  
Blogger Brit said...

Your house is GORGEOUS!!! Oh my goodness! I totally want a tour! I'm so sorry about Wade having to travel a lot. Ry has been really busy with work too and it basically feels like he's out of town. He's building an On the Border pretty close to Stonebriar Mall and I think that's pretty close to you guys. Right? E-mail me your address and maybe we'll come by sometime and see you. It might just be me and Ethan, but if Ry can get off, then I'll bring him too. Here's my e-mail blelmer22@yahoo.com

11:50 AM  
Blogger Kristen said...

Kathy, I am so excited for your house. That is so great!! If we end up in Houston, I'm there!

7:42 PM  
Blogger Higham Inc. said...

Wade and Kathy love the house! Doug and I can only dream at this point of ever owning a home in Cali, we may just have to move to Texas. We definitely want to come and visit you guys. Also I love the cake you made for Mother's day. You are seriously just like Martha Stewart...if not even better. Email me the recipe, cause it looks super yummy! Love ya and miss ya!

9:31 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

Kathy, it's so good to get an update from you. Your house looks amazing. Please post pics once you have decorated so I can steal all your ideas. I'm sorry to hear about your hospital visits and surgeries. You have such a positive attitude about everything in your life - even having to find a new house! I really love and admire that about you. We miss you!

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home